Thursday, April 30, 2009

SIGNATURE STYLE

Lanvin fashion illustration

My sketch of a Lanvin illustration





Each  collection had  300 looks with each client buying about 30 looks.  There were gold buttoned blazers, black coats with fringe, sleeveless dresses shirred around the hem, and embroidery was a staple.  The  charm of the clothes, quality, workmanship, attention to detail and the choice of color became the essence of Lanvin.   Her garments had a romantic style , Her flounced skirts and cartridge pleats  were key in  many collections. She enjoyed full skirted silhouettes. She was known for the robe de style trough the 20s.




“For  many years now, those who have seen my collection have always been eager to define a Lanvin style. I know it is often discussed, never the least I have never limited myself to a particular kind of clothing and have never sought to emphasize a specific style.

Jeanne Lanvin, Vogue. 1945


No comments:

Post a Comment